Tuesday, July 25, 2006

PRA

Dump any anxiety at the door, I promise, if you are even a little willing, in less than five minutes of showing up you will be transformed into a teenager once again!

These are all friends, we are all totally different and very much similar to the way we were.

It is true that I cannot drink the same vast quantities as in my youth, but it is less necessary for all of the right reasons!

So, one little story: when I was 14 I had a little aluminum boat with a 5hp engine that I used to run around on the lake. My sister was 16 and decided to sneak into the then Salty Dog (what is now Castaways). Well, knowing she would be there, I decided that I could manage the same behavior, especially if I boarded by sea!

So, with Mom in bed sleeping (yeah, right), I put on my best cool guy clothes (you can use your imagination, the only thing you should know is that whatever those clothes were, they were not cool) and headed down to the boat.

To digress for a minute, being that I always needed gas for the boat and I was always with no cash for gas, that resigned me to the nasty habit of siphoning gas from the tanks of my neighbors cars along our road. Now, I know this was not nice, nor was it particularly healthy or safe, but it was a necessity and I was a rather ambitious child when it came to adventure.

So, off I went into the night, across the dark water, up the inlet and to the first bar I went into as an "adult". Snuck onto the deck there adn hung out with the really cool folks, might have had a little beer, but most 14 year olds in Ithaca probably had a little beer at that time (the ones I knew anyhow).

So, for me, Castaways will be a double trip, a homecoming, a full circle, a Saturn return, a return to the scene of the crime, etc, so on and so forth.

It also marks my last official night as Communications Czar, so there will be a little ceremony, maybe some cake (kidding). Just fun and dancing. See you there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home